I'm kind of being sneaky here. I'm letting the grandparents know on this blog that their granddaughter is now walking! She still uses crawling as her "fast" mode of transportation, but she loves walking. I am so glad that we live in a place with no stairs right now. Gracie has no fear. Whenever we are at a place with stairs, she heads straight for them (or the toilet, whichever is closer).
In addition to the walking, we are really paying attention to what she is eating. She's kind of eating like a bird right now. And given she's a tiny peanut, this is kind of concerning. I will be taking her to the pediatrician in June, so we'll see if she's growing. She's perfectly healthy on all other counts, so the doc was not too worried at her 1 year appointment.
On an hourly basis, I have to remind Joseph that his sister is not trying to steal his toys. When I forget that he's 3, I often say (to myself), "dude, why are you so threatened by a 13 month old????" Needless to say, sharing is not his forte. There are some lovely moments of true sibling love, though. See below:
Joseph just might be sharing this blue car because it's actually not his. This car is one of the "community" toys in our complex. Oh well....baby steps!

