In case you had any doubt that the pictures you're seeing on TV are not real:
This was taken by Christian just today. It's in the town of Ishinomaki, which was obliterated by the tsunami. This is in a farming area -- the boats were obviously from a great distance away.
:(
In case you're wondering why Christian is up north taking photos, he's on a roadtrip with some Harley colleagues to visit the dealers most affected by all these disasters. Some of these guys lost everything.
Life in Tokyo is slowing getting back to normal. Joseph is back at school (hooray!!), and our friends are returning to Tokyo, slowly but surely.
There've been a few announcements about power conservation. Apparently the air conditioning will not be used on the trains this summer. (big ugh) Companies are being encouraged to set the thermostats to a higher temperature this summer. And Japan is even considering daylight savings time. (I like this one as sunlight in the summer is from 4 am to 7 pm)
Radiation is "normal" in Tokyo. I can buy nearly everything I need.
The only real concern is if this nuclear plant has an explosion. I don't mean to alarm you, dear readers. I know the plant operators (and all of Japan) are doing everything to prevent this. Let's keep the prayers going.

