Sunday, April 11, 2010

The reason I haven't posted any blogs in a while....

On March 4 around 10 pm, I started to feel that I wasn't actually experiencing gas pains. This was the real deal. My contractions were about 9 minutes apart. I called the doc, and he told me to go to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 11, and by the time my doctor met me there, I was in excruciating pain. Christian actually caused my water to break -- he was massaging my back and something snapped. I got an epidural around 12:30, and the doctor said it was time to push. I was a little stunned...it was all happening so quickly. Here's the bottom line: Grace Maria was born at 1 am (exactly!), weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. We call her Gracie. So far, she has been so amazing (save the fussy moments in the evening). Joseph has had a few moments of jealousy (and some terrible twos), but he has been very loving as of late. His favorite task is to find Gracie's pacifier and give it to her. Now I will have two kids addicted to their pacifiers!

Now I'll try to be better about blogging.