It's really a dog's life here in Tokyo. There are (small) dogs everywhere. Given that the average size of a Tokyo family's apartment is no bigger than a 2-car garage in the US, I don't know how so many people can have dogs. Ok, ok, I'm not a dog person, so don't take this post too seriously.There are also dog stores everywhere in Tokyo. I am not kidding when I say this, but I walked into one of this dog stores thinking that it was a baby store/boutique. I didn't realize the clothing was for dogs until I was fully inspecting one of the outfits. Maybe my mind went bonkers when I was pregnant, but I was really fooled for a couple of minutes.
One good thing about Tokyo is that people really clean up after their dogs. I have a friend here who's from Paris, and she told me Parisians do not clean up after their dogs. Yuck.