Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Only in Tokyo can you...

1. Wear a work shirt with a skull on the back.  (actually, I'm sure there are plenty of Harley employees in Milwaukee who wear similar clothing)  I'm just poking a bit of fun at Christian.


2.  See a Rolls Royce drive down your street.  I've seen this car before a few times, so the driver is a neighbor of ours.  Go figure.


3. Have a play date with Danish and Portuguese kids.  Joseph's preschool has kids from all over the world.  Two other moms and I thought it would be good to get our kids together because the younger ones are in the same class, and the older ones are also in the same class.  It was a lot of fun.  I'm not sure Joseph even noticed his friends were there; he was totally mesmerized by all the "new" toys.  The language of instruction at the preschool is English, so the kids primarily spoke in English.  Although the older Portuguese son had to be reminded to speak in English.  It was really cute!  It would have been a hoot if the kids started to speak in Japanese to one another.


The play date was held at the Danish family's apartment.  As you can see, Lightning McQueen is popular around the world.  Pixar is an amazing company!