Because Gracie is 7 months old, she's been having some solid food for a little while. Feeding her in Japan has been a little challenging. I thought I would try to make baby food for her. That lasted about 1 week. If I didn't have an "energetic" toddler running around, I probably would have kept up with it. I am able to purchase some American and French brands of baby food jars, but these jars are around $3 each. (quite a large markup over what I would pay in Milwaukee). So I tried some Japanese food for Gracie. ...... And, she doesn't like it. Let me tell you about some of the flavors. Chicken liver. Pumpkin au gratin.
Actually, some of the flavors don't seem too bad, but the stuff smells nasty. I have been learning that most Japanese mothers don't use jarred food
One really popular thing to give to Japanese babies/toddlers is a rice cracker. One particular cracker melts very easily in your mouth. They taste just like communion wafers in church!
Given that Cheerios don't exist in Japan, I guess Gracie will be using these rice crackers as her snack.